NEWS > 21 May 2019
Special initiatives focused on innovation for the cosmetic industry are being scheduled for the 17th edition of Cosmoprof North America, the leading B2B event for the beauty sector in the Americas, to be held July 28-30 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
Among those initiatives are the Cosmoprof North America Awards and the Cosmopack North America Awards, recognized among the most prestigious global beauty awards.
All participating companies, which will exhibit at Cosmoprof North America, have the opportunity to present their most innovative products, their most relevant technologies, and their best in beauty formulation and packaging design to brand executives, retailers, and press, interested in what’s new on the show floor. Entries are being accepted until Friday, June 7th.
COSMOPROF NORTH AMERICA AWARDS 2019
Cosmoprof North America Awards celebrate the most outstanding finished products, characterized by high standard in innovation, marketability, marketing impact, capacity of brand building, promotion and cultivating relationships. The five categories in the Cosmoprof North America Awards are:
● Make-Up – including make-up for the face, eyes, lips, and body
● Natural & Organic – including all product categories that brand themselves as natural and/or organic
● Skin Care – including face, body, sun care, personal care, and toiletries
● Tools & Devices – including tools and devices for the face, skin, nails, and hair
● Hair – including hair care, hair color, and hair styling
The best entries will be selected by a jury composed of retailers and brand executives:
Flynn Matthews – Principal Industry Analyst Global Beauty, Google (USA)
Sanjiv Mehra – Co-Founder & CEO / Chairman of the Board, eos, ICMAD (USA)
Lori Monaco – President US beauty, NPD (USA)
Michael Nolte – Creative Director, BEAUTYSTREAMS (USA)
Karine Ohana – Managing Director, Ohana & Co (USA)
Andrew Shore – Managing Director, Moelis & Co (USA)
Isa Wong – Vice President, Global Product Development – Skincare, Clinique (USA)
Yuli Ziv – Managing Director US, Launchmetrics (USA)
COSMOPACK NORTH AMERICA AWARDS 2019
Cosmopack North America Awards recognize the best in beauty formulation and packaging design among exhibiting companies in Cosmopack North America, the new sector dedicated to the entire beauty supply chain – ingredients and raw materials, contract manufacturing, private label, machinery and equipment, and packaging.
Entries in Cosmopack North America will be awarded based on innovation, marketability, technology, quality, and overall sustainability. The five categories in the Cosmopack North America Awards are:
● Make-Up Formula – with reference to formulation for face, eyes, lips, and body
● Make-Up Packaging Design – including packaging for face, eyes, lips, and body products
● Skin Care Formula – including formulation for skin care, toiletries, and personal care
● Skin Care Packaging Design – with reference to packaging for skin care, toiletries, and personal care
● Sustainability – including packaging for skin care, toiletries, and personal care
The jury of Cosmopack North America Awards is composed of brand executives, designers, R&D experts, and press:
Sam Cheow – Founder, Necessary Luxury (USA)
Jeb Gleason-allured – Editor in chief, Global Cosmetic Industry Magazine (USA)
Elie Papiernik – Founder & CEO, centdegrés (FRANCE)
Lan Vu – Founder & CEO, BEAUTYSTREAMS (USA)
Jessica Blanco – VP of Product Development, Milk Makeup (USA)
L’Oréal USA Packaging Innovation Team
Winners from both Awards will be announced at the Cosmoprof Happy Hour at Cosmoprof North America on Sunday, July 28th.